If you are planning to host an End of Financial Year event then it’s your lucky day as we have some great tips to share with you. Cherry’s Catering is fortunate to be the preferred corporate caterer for many businesses, and we know what makes a good corporate event. Read on to get the party started!
At Cherry’s Catering we’re very lucky to attend lots of events where people are having a good time, and there is a real buzz in the air. Great events usually follow a few basic principles – and are planned with the guests in mind at all times.
Hosting a corporate event can be one of the most fun marketing strategies you’ll ever embrace. With End of Financial Year fast approaching, now is the time to get your booking in.
Forget tedious events with uninspiring food – with great catering and entertainment you can make a big impression and dazzle your guests. Here is our comprehensive guide to hosting a great Corporate event.
Planning for your Corporate Event
So, you’ve decided to host a seminar, a trade show, or an EOFY event. You recognise these events can be a chance to build on existing client relationships, an ideal networking opportunity, or a wonderful reward to staff.
Consider your strategic objective by asking yourself ‘why am I hosting this event?’ as this will help you plan the guest list.
Also consider the objectives of your guests and think about why they would want to attend your event – what are they hoping to get out of it?
When it comes to the food side of things, here are our top tips to help the event tick along smoothly and ensure guests have their taste buds satisfied:
- At most corporate events, you only need to supply light nibbles. You’re not needing to give guests a full meal/dinner.
- Provide small items for your guests. You want small bites that are easy to eat with one hand because guests are often clutching a drink in one hand and a bag or folder in the other hand. So, make it easy for them to eat! Cherry’s helpful office staff can help create a menu to suit.
- Often as the host you aren’t aware of specific dietary requirements so it’s always a winner to include some dietary items to cover all guests i.e. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free.
- If serving alcohol ensure server has RSA certification. Did you know Cherry’s has its own Liquor License so we can look after supplying & serve drinks?
- Ensure there is someone walking food around (either your caterer or a team member). If guests are networking, they won’t generally go looking for food as they are too busy chatting or don’t want to look rude by moving towards the food table.
- Plan for food to come out at the right time to fit in with other entertainment on the night.
A few bonus tips – don’t forget to:
- Book a photographer or assign a team member to take some snaps – a must for social media!
- If an outdoors event, set out a Plan B in case of bad weather
- Ensure emergency exits are well lit and signposted
Alright on the night
When the event is drawing to a close, make sure to thank your guests for attending – whether they are staff or clients. If it was a client event and if relevant, offer to follow up with people in a few days to catch up.
Cherry’s catering staff stay & clean up (we take all equipment with us at the end of service) leaving you more time to network and have fun!
People want to relax and have fun at your event so let’s get it set up on the right foot. We’ll take care of the food and drinks, and leave the funny anecdotes and dazzling entertainment to you.